Terrell Suggs is leaving the Baltimore Ravens

Модератор: Валера

panxing18
Новичок

Terrell Suggs is leaving the Baltimore Ravens

Непрочитанное сообщение panxing18 » Вт июл 30, 2019 6:51 pm

BALTIMORE (AP) — after pursuing opposing quarterbacks and providing boisterous leadership on and off the field for 16 seasons.The seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker told the Ravens that he won’t be coming back Youth Justin Tucker Jersey , people with direct knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press.The people spoke on condition of anonymity Monday because his departure won’t be official until the NFL’s new year begins Wednesday.An unrestricted free agent, the 36-year-old Suggs said at the end of the 2018 season that he wanted to spend his entire career in Baltimore.After Baltimore was ousted from the playoffs with a loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Jan. 6, Suggs said: “I would love to be a Raven for life. I’m healthy, and I still feel like I have some juice in the tank. I would love to be a Raven for life. We’ll have to see what happens. It’s a long time between here and March. So, we’re just going to enjoy it and hope we can work it out. If not, I’ll be lining up for somebody next year.”Several reports indicate Suggs will sign a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals. Suggs played at Arizona State before being drafted by the Ravens in the first round in 2003.Suggs was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2011. He is the Ravens’ career leader with 132½ sacks, tied with Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O’Neal for 13th most in NFL history.More than just a star on the field, Suggs took over a leadership role in the locker room and on the field after Ray Lewis retired following Baltimore’s Super Bowl victory in 2013.“That’s a big brother, man. That’s a mentor,” Ravens linebacker Matthew Judon said of Suggs after the 2018 season. “He’s meant a lot Stitched Jimmy Smith Jersey , and he’s done a lot for me and my game and my craft. You can’t say enough good words about him and what he’s done.”Although Suggs had only seven sacks in 2018, none over the final four games (including playoffs), the Ravens hoped to convince him to return.Since ending a three-year playoff drought in 2018, the Ravens have lost Suggs and safety Eric Weddle. In addition, the imminent trade of quarterback Joe Flacco to Denver occurs this week.The Ravens could also lose linebacker C.J. Mosley to free agency. An unrestricted free agent, Mosley has not agreed to a contract and, barring a last-minute deal, will enter the open market on Wednesday. [Ravens fans: Sign up for FanPulse, 3 poll questions every week]Every week, the Baltimore Beatdown staff will make selections for each game Youth Jimmy Smith Jersey , competing to see who can correctly predict that most match ups. Have opinion on what teams will find success in Week 2? Vote in the polls at the bottom of the page. Current standings: Kyle B.: 11-4Frank: 10-5Jake and Sage: 9-6Dustin, Kyle A., Logan, Vasilis and Baltimore Beatdown readers: 8-7Zach: 5-10An analysis of the Baltimore Beatdown staff picksConsensus winnersChargers over the Bills (LAC -7.5)Saints defeat the Browns (NO -8.5)Rams beat the Cardinals (LAR -13.0)In a league characterized by parity, it is no surprise that few teams are favored across the board. With Buffalo embarrassed in Week 1 by Baltimore, the Chargers are heavy favorites, despite the difficulty west coast teams often experience with 1:00 pm EST kick off times. While the Browns did not lose in their season opener, they also did not secure a victory. Baltimore Beatdown anticipates that Drew Brees and company will rebound from the shocking offensive display put on by the Buccaneers, leaving Cleveland still searching for their first W since the 2016 season. Even with the return of star running back David Johnson, Arizona was abysmal in Sam Bradford’s debut as a Cardinal Stitched Jonathan Ogden Jersey , which is reflected in line for the Rams.‘Lone wolf’ picksFrank is the only contributor to pick the Lions to beat the 49ers. (SF -6.0)Just Dustin believes the Raiders will win against the Broncos. (DEN -6.0)The Beatdown staff is not sounding any alarms on Jimmy Garoppolo just yet, with only Frank choosing against San Francisco to beat a Lions team that was booed by their home crowd in a Monday Night Football loss to the Jets in Week 1. The Raiders, who also dropped their Monday night contest, are predicted to still have issues generating pressure against quarterback Case Keenum without the services of Khalil Mack. Who remains undefeated?Six out of 9 writers think the Ravens will improve to 2-0, knocking off the Bengals to take an early lead in the AFC North. (CIN -1.0)The majority of the Beatdown staff thinks the Redskins will defeat the Colts, even though Andrew Luck completed 73.6 percent of his passes in a Week 1 loss to Cincinnati. (WSH -6.0)Seven out of 9 staffers favor the Super Bowl champion Eagles to take down Tampa Bay, despite the fact that a struggling Nick Foles will be starting since Carson Wentz is still not cleared for contact. (PHI -3.5)The Vikings have the edge over the Packers, given Aaron Rodgers knee injury and Minnesota’s strong defense headlined by Xavier Rhodes. (GB -1.0)Over 77 percent of the staff thinks Sam Darnold will win his second start as Jet and that Ryan Tannehill will fall to 1-1 in his comeback campaign from an ACL injury. (NYJ -3.0)100 percent of Baltimore Beatdown believes the Rams defeat the Cardinals in Week 2. (LAR -13.0)Five of 9 writers think New England wins in Jacksonville. This match up is more of a toss up with the uncertainty at the wide receiver position for the Patriots and the elite play of the Jaguars defense. (NE -1.0)Over 88 percent of the staff feels Denver will leave Jon Gruden at 0-2 in his return to coaching. (DEN -6.0)All writers’ picks can be found in the table below.NFL Week 2 PicksGamesDustinFrankJakeKyle A.Kyle B. LoganSageVasilisZachBB ReadersGamesDustinFrankJakeKyle A.Kyle B. LoganSageVasilisZachBB ReadersCast your votes for every game below!

Вернуться в «FITNESS / Форум фитнеса»